The Cub Scout uniform is an important part of scouting.
- The uniform represents a national youth leadership organization.
- It provides a sense of belonging as well as a place to display awards earned while in the program.
- It enforces equality for all youth and identifies them as part of the PACK or DEN.
- A scout is proud to wear and display the symbols of scouting and to be acknowledged as part of the BSA.
While in Cub Scouts, your son will have the opportunity to wear the NAVY
Blue Uniform shirt while earning the TIGER, WOLF, BEAR & WEBELOS
Rank. Upon earning the Webelos rank the scouts are asked to move into
wearing the TAN uniform shirt. The TAN shirt is worn by Webelos as part
of the transition into boy scouts. As it is the same shirt worn by the
Your Scout may be asked to wear the Class B T-shirt on certain field trips and den meetings depending on the location and event.
The Cubmaster or Den Leader will let your Scout know when this is a requirement.
Required Uniform Items for Pack 157:
- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem.Needed for Belt Loop Advancements.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tiger Cubs, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Cub Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Cub Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout logo.
Here is a helpful web site from the BSA. http://www.bsauniforms.org/
Closed-toed shoes are required for all Cub Scout events. Please no flip flops.
Recommended Uniform Items for Pack 157:
- Unit Numbers - These are the three digit 157 for our pack.
- Council Patch - We are in the Great Lakes Field Service Council
- World Crest Emblem - This is the circle Fleur de lis patch. The World Crest Ring goes around the emblem and it recognizes the 100 years of scouting. It is optional in our pack.
- Den Number patch - Ask your den leader the number of your den before shopping.
- Scout Handbook - The first year, it the family's responsibility to purchase the scout handbook.
Available Uniform Items, but not used by Pack 157:
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tiger Cubs; yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Cub Scouts; blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Cub Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plain panel bearing the Webelos logo. We do a lot of outside activities and protection from the sun is important.
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue.
- Socks—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tiger Cubs' socks are navy blue with orange tops. Cub Scouts' socks are navy blue with gold tops.
Troy Scout Shop
1155 East Long Lake Road
Troy, MI 48085
Phone: (248) 526-0169
Fax: (248) 457-0594
Mon 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue-Fri 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sat 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Just walk in and tell a staff member that you
are with Pack 157 and they will assist you in getting everything you
need including the patches.
Detroit Toyota Scout Shop
Dauch Scout Center
1776 West Warren Avenue
Detroit, MI 48208-2215
Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm
Saturday 10 am - 2 pm
- Check out garage sales, family and friends in scouting or even Craigslist or eBay for any gently used old uniforms. Of, course the patches might have to be changed.
- Is your scout moving up a rank? Did he outgrow his uniform? Do you have one you do not need anymore? Let the pack leadership know if it might be available for another scout.